Privacy & Cookies Policy
Updated: 25th May 2018
We are ZANEROBE Global Holdings Pty Ltd trading as COOLS CLUB (“COOLS CLUB”, “we”, “us”, “our”), and we are committed to protecting your privacy.
COOLS CLUB is the controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), a company registered in Sydney, Australia with its registered office located at 14 Mentmore Ave, Rosebery NSW 2018, Australia.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW?
When you interact with us, whether by using our Website or communicating with us, we may collect the following information about you:
- information you give us: you may give us information about yourself if you sign up for an account on our Website, place an order for products, complete any online forms (such as registration forms, competitions, and surveys), opt in to receive our newsletters and special offers, enter a competition or promotion, participate in social media functions with our Website, or correspond with us (by email, telephone, support chat, social media or otherwise).
Depending on what you provide, this information can include your name, address or location, phone number and email address, date of birth, gender, purchase information, shopping preferences, images and financial information (including your credit or debit card details, although we do not hold them, our payment processors do).
- information we receive from other accounts or sources: we can receive information about you from other sources, such as from your other accounts or other websites, including social media providers like Facebook and Twitter, advertising networks and analytics partners, and payment and delivery service providers.
By logging in via Facebook or Twitter, or linking your account on our Website to your Facebook or Twitter accounts, you are giving us permission to obtain certain information and content from these accounts. The specific types of information that we may obtain depend on your settings for that account or website, and will be subject to their privacy policies.
- information our IT systems collect about you: each time you visit the Website, certain information will be created and automatically recorded by our IT systems. That information includes:
- device information: the information provided by your device will differ depending on which type of device you are using (whether it’s a PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, or otherwise) and the settings on that device, but includes the type of device you have (such as an iPhone 6S or Samsung Galaxy S7), the device’s IP address, the browser you are using, your mobile network provider (for mobile devices), the pages you have visited, your time zone and country location, and crash or download error reports.
- information we collect in store: When you visit a COOLS CLUB stockist, you may also give us information about yourself if you make a purchase using a credit or debit card, complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition or promotion, provide us with feedback or otherwise interact or correspond with us in-store.
- WHAT DO YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
To provide you services and the Website, including to allow you to order and receive products using our Website, administer your account and to optimise your experience we need to use the information that we collect in a number of different ways.
We also use the information for marketing and advertising purposes. Where you have told us you would like to receive marketing communications or when you have made a purchase using our services, we use your personal information (including your name, email address and address) to occasionally send you updates, news, and offers via email, post, or other forms of media. We may use your information (including supplemental information received from partners that we append to our existing customer information as described below), to tailor these messages to you. You may unsubscribe from email marketing communications by modifying your preferences in your account’s profile management section, or by following the opt out instructions in the promotional emails we send you.
We also carry out research, analysis, and surveys on your use of our Website, and views. We keep tracking of your spend on our Website and we use your information to confirm your identity and perform credit checks or anti-fraud checks, in order to ensure your, and our, financial security.
Please note that we do not sell your information without your consent (whether your name, address, emails address, financial information, or otherwise) to any third party.
- WHO DO YOU SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH?
To provide the Website and our services, we work with a number of carefully selected third parties. To do this, we may share your information with these third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- third party service providers for business purposes: We have subcontracted the operation of certain aspects that include, but are not limited to, payment processing, web hosting, and delivery logistics.
- advertisers for marketing purposes: we can provide your information to our advertising and social media partners (including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, where you choose) where they require the data to select and serve relevant adverts about our products and services to you and others;
- third parties where we are considering a corporate transaction: COOLS CLUB is always looking for new business opportunities; mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, and asset sales. In these instances, we may transfer your information to enable the assessment and undertaking of that transaction. If we buy or sell any business or assets, your personal information may be one of the assets that are transferred;
- to comply with legal requests: on occasion, we may be required to liaise with various regulators and law enforcement agencies in a number of different countries, whether as a result of law, a court order, or another legal process. Although we dispute requests wherever suitable, in some cases we may have to share your information with the regulators or law enforcement agencies. Where we consider it appropriate and provided we are not prohibited from doing so by law or court order, we will attempt to notify you of these legal demands; and
- aggregated information with third parties:we may aggregate your information with the information of other customers, creating a dataset of information about the usage of our Website, purchase of products, and other general, grouped information about our customers on the basis of our legitimate interest to understand the usage of our service and demand for our product. Please note that we do not share your information with any third-party advertisers or networks for the provision of third-party advertising on our Website.
We use technology such as "cookies" to collect information and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your Internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website.
Please note that refusing cookies does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver adverts tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns, so you may see a greater number of adverts that are irrelevant to you and your preferences.
Keeping you and your personal information secure is very important to us. We take a number of reasonable steps to try to protect the personal information that you provide, including; using a Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) to encrypt the personal data that you send us during the order process (including any financial information such as credit or debit card details);
- requiring you to establish a password to access your account on our Website;
- not keeping details of your credit or debit card that would enable any third party to transact using that credit or debit card (such as your CCV number)
- regularly monitoring our servers and IT systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Unfortunately, despite this, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to or through our Website, and any such transmission is at your own risk. In particular, please keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information through other means of communication than the Website in a non-protected environment (such as through email, SMS, online messages) then that information can be collected and used by others outside of our or your control.
- HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
We retain the data you provide to us for as long as you have your account with us and thereafter for such period as you may have questions or a claim in relation to our services, notwithstanding any superior retention period that we may be obliged to observe in accordance with legal requirements applicable to us. In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data as set out below. After you have terminated your use of our services, we may store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format.
- WHAT ARE MY PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you, which we detail below. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances as set out in more detail below. We also set out how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights and that can include asking a set of security questions to ensure it is you. When you have appointed someone else to do the request on your behalf, that person and/or organization needs to show a valid power of attorney issued by you. We must respond to a request by you to exercise those rights without undue delay and at least within one month (although this may be extended by a further two months in certain circumstances). To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
For the subscription and receiving of emails, we do follow the opt in/out policy. If anyone wants to opt out of receiving emails from us please click the unsubscribe link included in every message.
For any questions contact us:
14 Mentmore Ave
Rosebery NSW 2018
P: +61 2 8021 7001
F: +61 2 8021 7003
ABN: 23 142 678 582